Bayview Hunters Point Foundation Youth Services provides drug treatment counseling and home supervision for juvenile probationers in the San Francisco Bayview and Hunters Point communities. Services are provided through five programs:
- Youth Moving Forward: This program provides individual, group, family and collateral counseling to African American youth with particular emphasis on the Southeast sector. In addition, Youth Moving Forward provides outreach and referral services to the Latino, Asian-Pacific and LGBT communities.
- Strengthening Families: This program involves youth and their families in training sessions using family systems and cognitive behavioral approaches to increase resilence and reduce risk factors. It seeks to improve family relationships, parenting skills and the youth's social and life skills.
- ROSIE Project: This project serves at-risk girls and young women needing ongoing support to make positive life choices in school, the community and with their court obligations.
- Weekend Cleanup: This anti-dropout program is for young people who need incentives to stay in school. Our teams conduct street cleaning and litter removal on weekends in the Bayview Hunters Point community of San Francisco.
- Evening Reporting Center: This program provides supervised, structured and positive educational and recreational activities weekdays from 4:00pm-8:00pm. This program supports participants' strengths and abilities by teaching new skills and providing opportunities for enhancing self-esteem. Ongoing group interventions focus on strategies that support avoidance of dangerous and counter-productive behaviors.