Our vision is that every child living apart from their biological parents experience a sense of acceptance and security in their homes and communities.
Our goals are to:
- Increase the rate of emotionally healthy and successful home placements for older children, children of color and their caregivers.
- Increase the numbers of emotionally-sensitive lay persons within the community; and
- Increase the clinical and cultural awareness of professionals who work with children and their caregivers in out-of-home care.
Our services include:
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Academic Scholarships
- Transitional Living Scholarships
- In Service Trainings and Consultations
- Workshops and Seminars
- Home-based Assessments and Interventions for Pre- and Post-Placement Matches
- Support Groups for Foster Parents, Adoptive Parents, Step-Parents and Other Caregivers